Lead 3D Drafter – Virtual Design & Construction team (Future Role)
The VDC Lead Drafter will be a unique role supporting the technical aspects of VDC technologies and being the key client partner/liaison. Makes effective decisions to manage the content creation and effective use of VDC technologies to accomplish different tasks. Run’s BIM coordination by setting up and reviewing clash reports and time liner in Navisworks and Fuzor for collaboration. Creates 3d models for presentation using materials and rendering techniques in Revit and Navisworks. When needed, position will require assisting the Reality Capture division to process point clouds using Pix4d, Scene, or Recap software.
- Understand current VDC technology and decisions on what and how to implement new applications and tools. Manage the quality assurance of all production based VCD work for projects (50%).
- Manage all VDC content uses best industry practices and is effective for production (10%).
- Manage production workflow for all VDC work (10%).
- Run BIM coordination meetings (10%).
- Create 3d models for presentations (10%).
- Assess staff’s strengths and weakness to create training curriculums (5%).
- Assist in staffing needs and hiring process (5%).
- Implement virtual reality technologies for collaboration and presentation purposes.
- Assist Reality Capture department when needed.
- Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, and Navisworks, more than 5 years preferred.
- Experience maintaining project schedules
- Be self-guided with project deadlines and little input is provided.
- Industry experience
- Experience creating 3D Models for proposals and presentations
- Understand the BIM collaboration process.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Can multitask managing many projects and research and development opportunities.
- Must have strong leadership qualities and model company’s culture
Preferred Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience using Bluebeam, Photoshop, 3d Studio Max, Maya, Scene, Pix4d
- Associates/Bachelors degree in related field (AEC)