Metal Stud Framing Specialist – BIM/VDC Team
Location: San Diego, CA
The Framing Specialist will be a key part of our collaborative BIM/VDC team environment. This role will partner with our Framing Contractor clients in the Southern California area and will partner with our Design team and establish being the Client Liaison.
- Develop design solutions for assigned structural products and components with minimum supervision.
- Develop layouts, sketches, and may investigate design factors such as damage tolerance, durability, and structural modeling.
- Uses CAD equipment to provide support to manufacture by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, & diagrams given by engineers or managers.
- Create details including all views and dimensions necessary for installation.
- Prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes for engineering or manufacturing purposes
- Develop and implement overall design concepts through all phases of design
- Produce plans, elevations, sections and detail drawings
- Ensure conformance to company quality system
- Modifies and revises designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Produce schedules, specifications detailing, and construction documentation.
- Communication and coordination with customers, vendors, and consultants for specifications
- Prepares working plans and a variety of drawings under limited direction from supervisor or manager. Monitors and updates working plan.
- Makes standard engineering computations and adjustments in drawings. Verifies completed work, checks dimensions, and maintains accuracy of drawings.
- Ensures conformance to company quality system, under the guidance of an engineer, manager or technical staff supervisor.
- Responsible for originating drawings with accuracy, and in a timely manner. Must efficiently apply geometric and tolerancing standards to all drawings.
- 2+ years of Revit (can substitute AutoCAD) experience in Framing industry
- 5+ years of field installation experience
- Knowledge and adherence of drafting standards
- Ability to use CAD products to produce deliverables
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with construction terminology.
- Basic computer skills and MS Office products (Outlook, Work, Excel, etc.)
- Willing to train experienced Framer/Carpenter with some knowledge of 2D and 3D design