Sr. Survey Technician
Location: San Diego, CA
Our partner Surveying and Civil Engineering company (Stuart Engineering) is seeking a full-time Sr. Survey/CAD Technician located in the Mission Valley office. This opening is ideal for someone planning to obtain their LSIT or PLS and enjoys the technical side of surveying along with new UAV/photogrammetry technologies. This is an established firm that's hitting a growth spurt, so this person will have immediate learning and leadership development opportunities along with a wider array of job duties, like becoming a UAV pilot!
Key Performance Objectives:
- Provides field survey support for control, boundary, topographic and construction staking surveys. Performs related research, plan reviews and calculations.
- Uses AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Pix4D and Trimble Survey programs to prepare survey exhibit drawings, survey notes, site plans, tentative and record maps, and point calculations.
- May perform and supervise laser scanning, CAD drafting, 3D modeling, and GIS work.
- May manage small survey projects and ensure the projects are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Utilize new photogrammetry technologies
- 2+ years in land surveying with an understanding of the fundamentals of land surveying
- Trimble, Civil 3D, Pix4d, LiDar
- UAV experience
- Field crew management
- LSIT or eligible