Principal Land Surveyor – Head of Surveying Services
Location: San Diego, CA
Our top surveying and civil partner, Stuart Engineering, has an excellent opportunity for a Professional Land Surveyor or experienced LSIT who's looking to lead a respected and well established Surveying team here in San Diego! This is an ideal opportunity for a Land Surveyor who's looking step into an organizational leadership role or an independent PLS looking to join an established company with long term stability. The incumbent will get the rare opportunity for a smooth transition into the organization with the current Survey Manager planning to retire once ready and acclimated. The compensation package will include several perks like management bonus, profit sharing and 401k.
The core responsibilities of the Survey Manager will include:
- Oversee all Land Surveying activities for the organization
- Manage a quality team of professionals and guide support staff
- Creating and managing construction bids and proposals
- Lead skill development and survey technologies
- Interpreting and conceptualizing the survey data for final boundary results.
- California Licensed Surveyor (PLS) or experience LSIT who’s preparing to test in the next 90 days.
- Boundary, Topo, ALTA surveying experience
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Trimble Center
- Survey equipement operation
- Land Survey experience in and around San Diego County
- Working in an office environment
- 5+ years Land Surveying
- Proposal experience and business development involvement
- Staff Management
- Consulting experience